One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Sunday, April 04, 2004

So, in the interest of sanity....I went out tonight. I haven't been "out" in quite some time. I figured I could stay in like I normally do and be all down in the dumps, but I took a chance and made some plans.

I went to a place downtown called Mercy Lounge with an old pal. The bands that were playing escape me, but it was all "rockabilly" type stuff. It was good--I'd go see them again.

However...

I did realize that what I want from people is their attention...meaning, when you're out with me I expect you to be there both physically speaking and mentally. Text messaging people while we're sitting there (not talking mind you) is, well..kinda rude. Then it dawned on me...for a while now, I've been thinking that all the people around me have this "I've got better things to be doing" attitude, or at least in my warped mind that's how I see it..and even if I can get them to do something that "I" want to do rather than go along with what "they" want to do--their still not really there.

Then again, I'm still crazy :)